On behalf of Safe Newcastle ARCH coordinates the work to challenge hate crime and manage community tensions in Newcastle upon Tyne.
What we do:
- ARCH runs a hate incident reporting system. A hate incident can be due to sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, skin colour, national origin or a disability. We work with victims to help them get the support they need.
- ARCH works with local community workers and groups to monitor community tensions and help solve any problems. We are able to provide, through training, people with the skills, knowledge and tools they need to identify and manage conflict. Where necessary we co-ordinate agency responses in times of tensions.
- ARCH provides training in anti-discrimination, responding to victims and managing community conflict.
To report an incident or receive help and advice:
- ARCH: 0800 032 3288. This is available 24 hours a day and is free. There is a translation service to over 100 languages.
- 120 reporting centres set up across the city including all Customer Service Centres and Your Homes Newcastle offices.
- For more information visit www.archpartnership.org.uk email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0191 277 7832.