Skip to main content
Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence
What we do:
- Work with partners and voluntary organisations to build up a network to increase the safety of all victims of domestic violence and their children.
- Put in place a whole range of support services including specialist domestic and sexual violence advisors based with Northumbria Police, help for victims who have drug and / or alcohol problems and outreach services.
- Provide a variety of refuge accommodation across the city for women and children fleeing domestic violence and specialist support for Black Minority Ethnic (BME) women.
- Encourage male abusers to take responsibility for their actions and change their behaviour through a perpetrator programme run by Barnardo’s.
- Run a range of training programmes to raise awareness of domestic violence and equip workers with the skills needed to support victims.
- Training courses include children living with domestic violence, responding to domestic violence, honour based violence and forced marriage, sex work and sexual exploitation.
- Support the development of services and interventions for children and young people impacted by domestic violence in their homes and their own intimate relationships.
For help and advice phone:
- Newcastle Women’s Aid on free phone 0800 923 2622 or 0191 265 1248 (24 hours)
- Victim Support for victims of domestic violence and sexual violence on 0191 283 5183
- Domestic Violence Protection Project (DVPP) offers support to men who want to change their abusive behaviour on 0191 265 7344
- The Men’s Advice Line (for male victims) on 0808 801 0327 (free from landlines and most mobiles)
- In an emergency phone 999.
- Rape Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland for women survivors of all forms of sexual violence on 0191 2222 0272 or email email@example.com. Website: www.rctn.org.uk